Time to 3D exclusive 3D printing hub in India.

Disclaimer: I am not going to explain you anything that is technical here. You can find loads of articles for your technical rush on the internet. I will just write my experience as a curious novice enthusiast person trying to explore what is 3D Printing.

3D Printing a term I have heard many times in News, online articles but never imagined I could witness it in India sooner.
Then one fine day I read an article on Buzzfeed about Time to 3D first 3D printing Hub in India! I was curious and excited that finally India has it and that too in Mumbai. Days passed by and I could not manage to visit this amazing outlet cause I thought it must be expensive and out of my budget.

Well, blogging has its perks too. I was lucky enough to get invited to their Time to 3D hub to witness the entire process.
The store is very conveniently located near Vileparle West station, next to Zoobar.
Upon reaching the store I was amazed to see the 3D printed objects placed to showcase in glass facade. One big Burj Khalifa replica in tricolor was the most attractive they have printed.
Once entered, I was welcomed and presented with a brief introduction / presentation. Wow! what a simple presentation it was! It just made my concept clear and it helped me understand the process without any technical knowledge.
The video shown during this also made me think how vast future it has. The way Russia 3D printed big houses, how Adidas 3D printed shoes for the super athletes. I mean everything was simplified for a non techie person to understand the concept of 3D printing.
After the session we were demonstrated about their hot selling item 3D selfie.
One of the bloggers shot a 3D image of one volunteer with the device. The device is an iPad which has a special 3D camera mounted on it. You just place the camera viewfinder on the object and just move it 360 degrees to capture a 3D image. Let the smart software process this image and then connect it to laptop and print it! Take a nap because the 3D printing machine is at work, it will slowly slowly accurately print everything captured.
Let me explain what this 3D printer looks like and how it works :
This 3D printer is a big square machine with glasses all around it so that you can view the process. How does it print? It has a filament instead of a regular cartridge. Filament is a plastic like substance which is filled into the printer and infused and then it takes the shape of it, be it very complex shape. It cools down quickly to get a solid shape.
The machine I saw here can 3D print the objects upto 2 feet. I heard there are machines in market that can print a huge machine, houses etc. It costs from 1 Lacs to 32 crore Rs. Time to 3D had 3D printers so it is clear they have invested a big hefty amount to be the first 3D printing hub in India!
Meanwhile we had some refreshments and had a fun session with their Doodle pens. It is a wonderful pen that uses filaments to print as you move the pen to write or design any object. At first it was a bit difficult to get perfect shape. I tried various shapes, names etc and finally could get proper control of the pen to write fabulous designs. Just like the videos I had seen in past on the internet. Damn! I was literally living the dream, right here in Mumbai!!
Doodle Pens are real fun to explore your hidden artist, with a little bit precautions to avoid burns you can supervise your kids enjoying the doodling sessions too. I think its a great gifting idea too!
Doodle Pens are available for sale for around 4K INR. The filaments cost approx 300Rs a bundle.
Time to 3D have a unique technology at the moment and hence they have been in demand with jewellers, engineers, designers who take their complex design plans to get 3D Printed with their choice of materials and that makes their life easy. I mean just imagine a complex design that these artists have dreamt of can be easily 3D printed with perfect precision and dimensions and accuracy.
Now after the wonderful session of education, entertainment, we took a look at their offerings to enthusiast and technology lovers. They sell one of the unique selfie thats 3D selfie. It is basically a bust made of a PVC material. Your miniature which looks similar to you. Its a great gifting idea, its a quite hot selling product here. Though it takes around week to get it done (demand is too high!!)  
For some geek people, they also offer one day certification courses in 3D printing. So you can boast your special knowledge gain in this unique sector.
After spending a good 2 hours here, the time came to say good bye and with sad face we had to depart. However the good wonderful people here gave us a goodie bag as a welcome gesture. I was literally excited to open the goodie bag right there. I contained my excitement and opened the goodie bag to find whats inside.
It contained :
An earphone holder (3D printed)
A mobile stand (3D printed)
A wonderful keychain (3D printed)
A gift voucher worth 500Rs.
Just imagine you boast these 3D printed goodies in your friends, office. Everyone asks what is this and where did you get it? I proudly say that's my gift from India's exclusive 3D printing hub, Time to 3D.
With this very innovative, useful session I was quite happy to be a part of this precious blogger's meet organized by Time to 3D team. The curiosity about them is very high my Instagram followers had asked me about their website and cost for their products.
You can visit their website :
Address : 22, Seva Sadan, D.J.Road, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056
Phone : 022 2614 4731

Comments