The American Joint, Borivali West.

You can follow me on Zomato
Instagram at Instagram/sunnym29
Rating for Food : 4/5
Rating for Ambiance : 4/5
Rating for Service : 3.5/5
Rating for VFM : 3.5/5
Being a non veg type of person it was quite difficult to accept this invitation for lunch. I was skeptical to dine all veg because the last time I visited an all veg restaurant and enjoyed my heart out was Maharaja Bhog.
When reached the venue, I realized it's a classy restaurant for veg lovers in a Gujrati people dominating the area. Yes perfect choice of venue to do a business.
Met Manan, a nice cheerful young guy who greeted me and assigned a server for me. T.A.J. has ample sitting space. Lower, then upper has huge space. Yes American theme decor. Bright catchy walls, sit and table color. Nice graffiti on wall, good posters. I loved the view from window tables
Being an all veg restaurant may be  easy,  but they have 100% organic veggies to serve you with Indo- American twist. Checked their menu and was impressed to see the dishes with American names and desi touch. Let's talk about what I ordered.
1) Feta with Watermelon (Salad) 249₹ : Trust me I have never ordered a veg salad all my life. This looked tempting so ordered and yes it is indeed amazing salad. Chilled watermelon slices on Feta Cheese slices drizzled with Serrano pepper, mint, some onion and fresh green chilly flakes. The juicy bites satisfy your soul as they go down. The flavours ofcourse make you impressed. Sweet chilled watermelon and then tangy feta cheese with hints of spice, mint you will truly enjoy your salad the best way. I personally loved this.
2) Mac n Tikka 299₹ : You might have had the classic Macaroni Cheese in other restaurants but this has a desi touch to it. They have added the desi sauce and it certainly gives you a different taste altogether. White classic cheese, mayo sauce and then the other part is desi tikka gravy. Its a proper combination of both Indo-American cuisine. I loved this chef's speciality. You get a huge quantity too.
3) House Organic Veggie Burger 249₹ : I mean it reminded me the legendary Hard Rock burgers I had but it was a veg Burger. Its a huge Burger for one. Herbs and veggies smashed, a huge patty and some amazing sauces make this burger their hot selling burger for a reason. Good recommendation by server, I loved the burger but couldn't finish completely. Too heavy for one.
4) Chimmichaanga 329₹ : It's a deep fried burrito of smashed beans and cheese. The server recommended this as their hot selling dish. Personally I didn't find it a nice option for the price. Its an average burrito for me. The chips and sauce were amazing though! Maybe they will work on it.
5) Empire State Pizza 329₹ : An 8 inch thin crust Pizza topped with black olives, capsicum, onion, lots of cheese. The base has lots of marinara sauce. I think this was my 2nd veg pizza in my life but it tasted good unexpectedly.  Perfect option for veg pizza lovers.
6) Khaike Paan Banaras Shake 219₹ : This sounded unique so ordered. A tall glass topped with whipped cream came and first sip made me smile. It was so refreshing, you get the original flavours of the Meetha Paan that they blended into this thick milkshake. On a hot summer afternoon this is what you need. I can easily have 3 of these a day!!
They also have some other famous shakes like Ferrero Rocher, Oreo, Kitkat etc. People seem to be enjoying these well.
7) Apple Crisp 249₹ : Apple Pie at the base and an ice cream on top. I was impressed with the description on menu card, but it didn't impress me when reached table. The pie was quite hard, suggested them to make it a bit soft and crisp. Though I loved the flavours of Pie. Giving hints of cinnamon with each bite. Next time I will try their Jalebi Sandwich, Banana Split. They have some awesome options in desserts.
8) Grilled Pineapple with Lime Mojito 169₹ : A perfect cooler for summer. Quite refreshing giving that smoky Pineapple and lemon and mint.
9) Lemonade Stand 129₹ : Fresh Lemonade never goes wrong. Perfect balance of sweet and sour.  Will try their Green Chill Watermelon Coconut Fizz.
Service : The server should explain what efforts go making the ordered dishes. Rest everything was prompt and quick
Overall I can say an all veg restaurant has impressed me a lot. Made my visit very pleasant. The food as they say organic is something needs to be appreciated.
They have some amazing offer : All shakes buy 1 get 1 everyday till 5PM (till 31st May)  go and grab this offer to beat the heat. Don't forget to order Khaike Paan Banaras Shake though.
Team The American Joint, you have put all your efforts and I can say this will be too successful for your best food, service and hospitality. Kudos to all of you.

Comments

  1. I love spicy food, which is why I always go to Mumbai Maska. It's the best Indian Street Food Restaurant In Chingford. You should try them out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment